Thursday, March 8, 2012

{kid craft} quick fish

I'm exhausted. This week I started a work schedule, means I get up somewhere between 4:30 and 5:00 AM three days in a row. Yeah, I know, lots of people do that all week. I might just need a tiny little bit of time getting used to it.

So after skipping last week's craft project for little brother's birthday party, I figured I might just as well take it easy this week, too.

Luckily there are lots of creative people out there, like the brilliant Kate from mini eco. I love her simple and colorful ideas! This one is called flying fish, and it had my kids at hello, so to say. I mean come on, flying fish! In case you didn't notice yet or are new here, fish are big at my house. So are cats, but that's another story.

All you need is paper, scissors and five minutes, tops. Oh, and a strong cup of coffee in my case.

Big brother did his in brown. Brown? Really? "But Mommy, trouts are brown!" Oh yeah, of course.


We were extra lazy and used a paper cutter. The boys were very focussed getting both sides straight at the  same length.



Little brother loved this part.



Cutting slits at both sides, trying not to cut all the way through.


Twist together and you're done. Guess who's fish the yellow one was. Yep. Little brother's.



Throw them in the air, watch them tumble down and desperately try to catch a picture.


Of course you're going to fail here, well, at least I did and since Kate already mentioned they're impossible to photograph, that's ok. They were fun anyway and soooo easy to make.

Happy fishing!
Swenja

1 comment:

I don't know about you, but I love reading comments. That's a hint for you to leave one, btw. Not that I'm begging here. But I do love hearing from you...